Skip to main content
Get your brand new Wikispaces Classroom now
and do "back to school" in style.
Pages and Files
Prescription Status Track
Project HIE STANDARD
clinical management systems
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
CMS is responsible for operation of Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program
To ensure effective, up-to-date health care coverage and to promote quality care for beneficiaries
To achieve a transformed and modernized health care system.
CMS will accomplish our mission by continuing to transform and modernize America's health care system.
CMS' Strategic Action Plan Objectives
Skilled, Committed, and Highly-Motivated Workforce
Accurate and Predictable Payments
High-Value Health Care
Confident, Informed Consumers
within the Information Technology
section, CMS provides important information regarding the following topics:
Access to CMS Data & Applications
- provides information regarding CMS' support of contractor data communications and access to specific applications such as the Medicare Remit Easy Print (MREP) and Medicare Beneficiary Eligibility Inquiries (270/271).
- provides detailed information to support the creation, utilization, and maintenance of CMS' data resources.
- provides detailed information regarding CMS' DBA roles and responsibilities, as well as standards and guidelines for each type of database that CMS supports.
- provides information about CMS' Enterprise Architecture and the many ways it supports improved information technology (IT) investment management at CMS.
HIPAA Eligibility Transaction System (HETS) Help (270/271)
- provides technical system support to CMS business partners for the initiation, implementation, and operation of Medicare HETS User Interface and HETS 270/271 - Extranet Transaction Submission.
- provides a comprehensive set of established policies, standards, and guidance that outline and define the Agency's Information Security Program objectives and requirements.
MMA Systems Help
- provides technical system support to CMS business partners for the implementation and operation of Medicare Parts C and D.
System Lifecycle Framework
- provides detailed information regarding the Agency's IT investment and system life cycle management policies, processes, procedures, artifacts, reviews, resources, and standards.
US department of health and human services
Centere for medicare and medicaid services
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"