Skip to main content
Try Wikispaces Classroom now.
Brand new from Wikispaces.
Pages and Files
Prescription Status Track
Project HIE STANDARD
Clinical Informatics is a field of medical informatics that concerns itself with the representation of medical data and it's presentation to the medical professional. It also covers decision support and records keeping. Unlike Health Inform
atics, which concerns itself with the direct application of information technology on personal health. Clinical Informatics can also b e said to be the representation of medical data and it's presentation to the medical professional. In brief, it is the study of info rmaton systems( computers and programs) used in practicing medicine.It is used to increase efficiency in health care systems and provide unique services to the medical practice itself. It can be seen as a useful tool in helping to achieve a business objective within most health care industries. Clinical informatics is a broad field that covers clinical decision making processes, computer and biomedical sciences. A combination of these fields with the implementation of technology helps clinicians to understand and easily solve problems in their practice. It is also a study of how data is collected, analyzed, stored and retrieved.
Below is a list of Health Care Systems that are used to help achieve the goal of Clinical Information:
Medical Data Mining
Electronic Medical Record >
Decision Support Systems
Hospital Information System
Laboratory Information System
- Definition, Resources, CCHIT
- Reasearch Areas, Instructional Programs, Why we need Clinical Informatics
-Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- process by which medical information is transferred through the phone or the Internet and sometimes other networks for the purpose of consulting, and sometimes remote medical procedures or examinations.
- process of extracting patterns from data in order to analyze the information
- Electronic Medical Record
- Evidence Based Medicine
- National Health Information Infrastructure
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology
Patients assessing their health with the help of technology devices. A future look at medical care.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"